Hello 2019 and Hello Mamalutions!
I am trying a new strategy this year and I am encouraging all my mama friends to join me! This year I am setting small little resolutions that I am feeling very confident that I can achieve. When it comes to creating goals for the new year, I’m as guilty as the next mom of being overambitious. In years past I have made goals of getting a six pack, not shopping online for 3 months, or cooking at least 5 nights a week. All of these seemed like great goals, but with the complexity of kids, life, work and more…truly sticking to these resolutions was near impossible. As a working mom with two busy girls, Ive decided that I’m not setting myself up for failure this year, I have decided to set small goals this years that I can actually achieve.
My Top 10 Real Life Mamalutions
- Stop Trying to Be Super Mom. Enough said
- Take More Family Photos I know this one sounds a bit silly, but with a husband that travels so much I realize I hardly get any photos of all of us!
- Drink More Water
- Limit Screen Time Having an evening a week free of television/ipads
- Being Present Leaving my phone on silent and in the bag when I go places with the kids.
- Read More Spend an evening reading.
- More Sleep Going to bed 30 min earlier
- Be More Engaged More engaged time with Planning a weekly family activity
- Stop Comparing Myself to Other Moms
- Stop Complaining About Picking Up. Being a mom is not easy and our kids are never going to be neat and tidy, so roll with the punches and realize that yes sometimes its going to be dirty, crazy and nuts.
Happy new years mamas and I would love to hear your Mamalutions for 2019.