Heading to Palm Springs with the kids? Here are my top recommendations for traveling to one of my favorite destinations with the little ones. A few days in Palm Dessert is an easy and stylish destination that is very child friendly.
- Cocktails at The Parker The Parker Hotel is trendy, luxurious, and swanky. The lobby is a instagramers dream. The midcentury modern hotel was decorated by Jonathan Adler, so there is plenty of pattern, rich colors and curiosities. The rest of the hotel is full of beautiful little gardens fire pits, hammocks, fountains, and little nooks. The lobby can turn into a Los Angeles party scene on the weekend and especially Sunday. However, stopping in with the kids for a light lunch or snack during the day is a must. Plus there are some great little curiosity nooks to grab some beautiful pictures. You also don’t want to miss that iconic concrete wall, the perfect backdrop for a family photo.
- Visiting “That Pink Door” at 1100 E Sierra Way in Palm Springs. This adorable pink door is the perfect place to snap an iconic Palm Springs Photo for your memory book. It’s a quick stop so it made it super easy to quickly stop and easy with children to grab a fun picture for them to remember.
- Visiting Dessert X Installations. If you happen to travel to Palm Springs after or around Coachella you might be lucky enough to see a Dessert X Installation. These unique free art installations pop up around the dessert and are an interactive experience for the everyone. Our girls loved walking through the 2017 mirrored house.
- Dinner at King’s Highway at the Ace Hotel and Swim Club is a great trendy family friendly spot to eat. It has a great bohemian vibe and serves a good variety of casual bites and scrumptious fare. My three year old was a big fan of the chips and guacamole. Make sure to check out the coffee bar next to the restaurant for the best coffee you will find in Palm Springs.
- Staying at The Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage. There are many beautiful hotels in Palm Springs and we have stayed at many, but I have found the Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage to be the easiest and most enjoyable to stay with children because of the accommodations and family friendly amenities. Plus it is only a 10 minute drive to downtown Palm Springs. An extra bonus is the concierge can arrange childcare in case you are looking for a parents night out.